7.05.2009

My Fourth of July in photos...

First of all I went on a lovely walk in our downtown (by myself! It was nice just to go at my own pace and not run around after a toddler.) to view the 1st annual Quilt Walk. I was intrigued and the out come was just all right. Now I know I really don't vent about crazy things here on the blog, but this is what gets me. All of the quilts were hanging in store windows or in the stores, yet every store except one was closed. That's right and they advertised it for July 1st-4th 10:00am-6:00pm. They even had filled a empty store space with quilts but you couldn't go into see them. This was a common complaint that I heard through out my walk and I think it was just plain stupid planning. Maybe next year they will get it right. I tried to get some photos of the quilts (sorry for the glare from the glass, but it was the best I could do) The quilts were lovely!

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
and now for my favorite part of the day the fireworks:
  
  
  
I had a great time, so did the rest of my family.
Tomorrow will be a garden update and look for a new bookmark tutorial (this one is my favorite) coming later in the week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment