8.11.2009

Makin' salsa

and other things...

Here is a look at some of the stuff that came out of the garden on Sunday morning.
 
 
 
  
the tomatoes have all been turned into fresh salsa 7 jars to be exact. (any ideas on what to do with the rest? I was thinking of canning them for chili and sauces, love any suggestions) the cucumbers are going to become dill pickles and bread & butter pickles. Hot peppers are going to be turned into pepperoncinis. 
In other news, here is my mom's finished apron. I used the Church Ladies Apron Pattern, it is reversible and has double pockets (like four on each side) I used the Recess Collection by American Jane from Moda. 
Here is side one: 
 

Here is side 2:
I am working on the tutorials for the shorts and for the Two Trees Mini Quilt. I also started one for fall which I am hoping to get up the first week in September. I am trying to organize a sew-along for the mini-quilts. I am also going to try and get back into the swing of things with the sketch and swatch boards. Sneak peak of the fall quilt tomorrow.
off to find some chips for my salsa....

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much stuff you have coming out of your garden (okay, I guess I can since it's so huge). Hopefully I'll get to try to salsa sometime :)

    ReplyDelete