9.22.2009

Quilt Along Day 3

Grab some tea and maybe a snack, so you can settle into a little bit of sewing. Okay, so the next part will finish up the front panel. It is a lot of repeating the same thing over and over again, but it goes fast and I think it is relaxing.

Let's grab our thread-

Here's what I used:
(going from left to right)
Coats & Clark
6770 Forest Green
Gutermann
405 Flame Red
400 Poppy
462 Tangerine
850 Yellow

Okay, grab your panel and set your machine to a medium width, tight (I think the length of mine was set on 1 or 0) zig zag stitch, using a scrap piece of fabric test the stitch.
Then begin sewing around your each piece along the edge. Make sure you are covering the raw edge of your pumpkins, etc. this will finish the edges. I started with the pumpkins in the Poppy color.

Here I am sewing around the perimeter of the A pumpkin.

 

Here is a close up of the stitch.

Repeat this step for every piece and do everything that is in that color. Like all orange then all red, then all green, etc.

Here's what it should look like in the end.


another shot:
 

okay, hope the instructions make sense, it is a little crazy around here while I am trying to write these. If you have any questions leave them in the comments or email me.
Tomorrow, time to start the quilting.

Have a goodnight! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment