2.22.2010

Monday...

I love the beginning of the week, it is filled with promise, plans, and goals. Whether, I actually get everything finished up on that list is another story. I have been doing some sewing, finally getting a few projects crossed off my to-do list, but I have added about 10 more so the list isn't getting any smaller. I have added a lot of clothing projects to my list- mainly because I want a new wardrobe filled with staples that will last awhile, a few trendy items, and clothes that have excellent fit. Here is a peak at a new top I made for spring. 
 it is upcycled- from a men's t-shirt that only cost $1.00. On my list for my spring/summer wardrobe are lots of dresses, skirts and tops. I am not a big fan of shorts and for now I will just keep buying jeans. I did finish this top up and am waiting for this afternoon to take some photos of it finished when there is some better light. 

In light of my new wardrobe plan, I went for a new look with my hair on Saturday. I am working on growing it out some so I can pull it back when I am out in the garden. 
 I am pretty smitten with it, super dark, heavy bangs, and will grow out nicely. It makes me really happy right now. 

Since it is towards the end of the month, I thought I would get in my recap of my 26 things to do before I turn 27 goals and see if I am making any progress:(items in red are the status of each goal, I want to make sure that I keep up with them) 
1. Practice yoga 3 times a week (I have been working out 3 to 4 times a week most weeks)
2. Start my own business (my business plan is done, now I just need to find some quiet time to start making things happen)
3. Illustrate 5 days a week (2 days a week right now)
4. Read 1 book a month (6 books have been read, just finished one up the other night)
5. Conquer Iced sugar cookies
6. Wear high heels several times a week (I am really waiting for the weather to warm up, but I have been trying)
7. Sew 1 quilt at least full sized (work in progress, a zig zag quilt for x)
8. Make more of my own clothes (Finished 1 new spring shirt)
9. Eat more fresh food (I have been eating a lot less processed food- last's night dinner is a good example: *all from scratch* broccoli-cheddar cheese soup, cheddar, potato, & ham slab pie, and chocolate pudding with cinnamon whip cream)
10. Drink only 1-2 pops a month until zero (I have had only 6 pops this month)
11. Have a nightly ritual (like tea, cookie, and sketching) Tea won!!
12. Clean out my studio and simplify (the studio is in chaos right now and is going to take a while to clean it up)
13. Build a website (I have the plan & did the illustrations for it)
14. Plant another garden (Have Tuesdays in the Garden on the blog & input all the planting dates into iCal to stay on track)
15. Bake more (3 times a week this month)
16. Scrapbook at least twice a month
17. Improve my photography (trying to be more artistic with my photos, focused this month on self-portraits)
18. Keep up my relationships (I am working on maintaining, reconnecting, and establishing friendships, sometimes I just get to busy with stuff. So I wanted to make sure that this year I make people a priority)
19. Organize my "library"
20. Back up my computer frequently
21. Take time to be present in the moment
22. Have a booth at a craft fair
23. Quilt Market (have a booth at ) (probably won't happen until next year, but I am working on it)
24. Design my own fabric line (I have a few concepts that I am working on)
25. Have a girl's night out once a month (going to see a play this week)
26. Go on a solo weekend adventure

I made a small progress on quite a few goals this month- I guess my motivation is coming back. I hope with long days and warmer weather (crossing my fingers on that one) are on the way I will be able to get more done! 
What about you, are you ready for spring? Any big project plans for the next few months? 

No comments:

Post a Comment