5.16.2010

A little sewing recap for the last week...

 A new project is in the works using 2" hexagons:


So far, I started cutting out 72 sheets of hexagons (that's 360 hexagons!) The fact that I can work on these while watching tv in my downtime and still feel like I am getting something done is awesome. All of the hexagons are going to be turned into a large wall hanging for our living room.  

On Friday afternoon, I also picked this lovely little guy up:




I am totally psyched and have done a little bit of sewing. So far, I am in love with it. It has so many great features and is a nice upgrade from my last machine. (I am keeping my old machine for a back-up/extra machine!) Now I need to spend a little more time sewing, but probably won't happen until after I clean this up:


 Working on several projects at once, usually ends up with fabric, thread, paper, (apparently even hot wheels are in on the sewing process, see the left bottom corner) and just a general mess everywhere! Tonight, I am planning on doing some cleaning and rearranging so I can start several new things this week. 

I also spent a little time working on some little girl's clothing (something I don't get to do very often) as a first birthday present. I made two simple sun-dresses and a pair of shorts (the shorts you will see later this week in a tutorial). I love how they turned out!








I went fairly girly with these and added lace trim to the bottoms. I used elastic thread to add some shirring to the top and made matching ties. The ties are long enough that I am hoping they can transition into fall over a t-shirt and some leggings to extend the usage. 

This week, I have a ton of sewing planned along with getting a free tutorial up, just in time for summer! Have a fun rest of the weekend, I am going to try to spend a little time outside, edit some photos, work on some stuff for the modern quilt guild and anything else that I can squeeze in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment