5.31.2010

A long post...



First of all, Happy Memorial Day! I hope your weekend has been wonderful. On Saturday, I went on a little road trip to see some family and make a stop at the Joann's Superstore to pick up a few things. Sunday was mostly spent working on a few projects and cleaning/organizing my office area (a task I loathe but am glad that I got almost everything sorted, filed, and into a system that will hopefully keep me fairly organized). I also came up with the new logo for my business and have plans to get it finished up sometime this week. 

Since today is the last day of May, it is time to recap my 26 things to do before I turn 27 list. Overall, I am making great progress and since there are only 5 more months to cross off most of these things, I better get to work on them. (items in blue are the status of each goal, I want to make sure that I keep up with them) 

1. Practice yoga 3 times a week (I did this about once a week, I have been lacking in the exercise area, however, I have been eating a lot healthier and practicing a lot of portion control. I recently read Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel and loved, loved, loved it. The recipes are great and I actually have been feeling so much better since trying to follow her 10 rules. I have already lost some weight and plan to follow this lifestyle. Now, I need to get her next book.) 
2. Start my own business 
(reworking my business plan, working on branding, and logo ideas. I actually made spent a bunch of time working on business cards and other branding material, but I wasn't in love with it. It just didn't feel like me or what I was aiming for. Finally the other night around 2:00 in the morning, I finally had a brain wave and have designed a logo that is exactly what I was going for.)
3. Illustrate 5 days a week (This has been happening quite often and I love it!!!)
4. Read 1 book a month 
(8 books and counting...)
5. Conquer Iced sugar cookies
6. Wear high heels several times a week 
(this has actually been happening when the weather is nice!)
7. Sew 1 quilt at least full sized 
(I actually conquered this a couple weeks ago and is out being machine quilted, then I just have to attach the binding. It turned out really cute and is going to be in the window display at The Quilt Barn.)
8. Make more of my own clothes 
(I made a dress for me *it is going to be one of my first women's wear, there is fabric waiting to be cut for a second prototype and then I will start working digitizing and grading the pattern.) 
9. Eat more fresh food 
(I really have focused on this and so far so good!)  
10. Drink only 1-2 pops a month until zero 11. Have a nightly ritual (like tea, cookie, and sketching)Tea won!!
12. Clean out my studio and simplify 
(just organized my downstairs office area, which is really going to help me find things and not just find them in piles all around my desk.)  
13. Build a website 
(I have the plan & did the illustrations for it) 14. Plant another garden (my dad has really been helping me with this and things seem to be growing really well, but some little critters are attacking a few cucumber and bell pepper plants.)
15. Bake more (3 times a week this month)
16. Scrapbook at least twice a month 
(so far this hasn't been happening, but I have been sorting through all the computers on my computer and deleting unnecessary photos. I went from 6500 to around 4000 and I still have 2 years of photos to go through.)
17. Improve my photography 
(trying to keep interesting shots (different perspectives, light sources, time of day, etc.) and think about the composition before taking them.) 
18. Keep up my relationships 
(I am really finding great security of being my own person and deciding which relationships are positive, loving, supportive and which are just negative and may not be worth the amount of effort that I have been putting into them. I am realizing that over the course of one's life relationships really change, grow, and evolve into different places. I have met some new people and think that some of these are going to blossom into great friendships.) 
19. Organize my "library" 
20. Back up my computer frequently 
(I still need to get something to back it up on) 
21. Take time to be present in the moment 
(I am trying to really focus on this. One of my favorite times during the day is when Xavier and I read stories, just the two of us for about a half hour everyday. It is a lot of fun!) 
22. Have a booth at a craft fair
23. Quilt Market (have a booth at ) 
(probably won't happen until next year, but I am working on it)
24. Design my own fabric line 
(I have been busy practicing my pattern repeat skills by designing backgrounds for my blog)
25. Have a girl's night out once a month 
(this is pretty much attending quilt guild meetings which is a ton of fun) 
26. Go on a solo weekend adventure 


Now if you have actually read or scrolled through all of that here is a peak of the table runner I have been working on:




The pattern is from the Spring 2010 Stitch magazine. All the pattern details will be up once I get it finished (I am actually in the process of quilting it right now and if I am lucky it will be done today). The whole thing really came together and is very fun to look at I have to admit! Alright, I am off to get some more quilting done and watch It's Complicated since I just rented it last night... 






1 comment: