6.13.2010

The weekend...

so far I have spent it recovering from the flu... so sucky, but I did have a great day on Friday. I even made it to the Magic Valley Modern Quilt Guild's first sewing night (It was a ton of fun, but I actually didn't do any sewing. I spent most of the time cutting up fabric for my wonky star blocks (they are for our first swap and I totally forgot to take my camera, so no pictures).  

Since I spending quite a bit of more time in my studio, I thought it would be fun to show my process of working on things (also to keep up with the process pledge that I took). I tend to have several projects in progress all at different stages, whether I am designing new patterns, working on samples, or sewing for fun. Here is what a typical couple of hours looks like:


*first I grab a cup of coffee and turn on the radio. I don't usually listen to cds while I am trying to work on stuff because I like to change them up a lot or skip ahead and it just turns into a time suck...


Most of the time, I have to clean up my main table due to my overwhelming mess all over it. Slowly, I am trying to get it picked up after I finish each little project but it doesn't always happen and I am okay with that. 


Consulting the Big To-Do list... I actually got 4 things finished up on there. Generally, this list is my goal for the one week. Things get added as quickly as they are removed. My main list of to-dos is actually on a clipboard. That list keeps track of everything including all of the sewing, computer work and anything else that needs to be done. 

 

busy at the sewing machine... 


Marking some pieces and the table got cleaned off...



putting up a quilt on the quilt wall...



cutting out a skirt... just another day in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment