8.31.2010

26 Things August Recap...

August came and went, it seems like it was just the beginning of the super hot days filled with fun, but now everything is back-to-school, Halloween and yes, Christmas (one store I went to a few weeks ago already had there Christmas items out. I really wish stores didn't do that, am I the only one that feels like they are rushing the holiday season along and it turns into one big stressful blob that you barely remember?) Anyways, I will be 27 before I know it and I still have a few more goals to work on (from now until the end of November things are going to be insanely busy in my life, but I am looking forward to it). Alright time to recap the 26 things to do before I turn 27 list. 

 (items in blue are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them) 


1. Practice yoga 3 times a week (working out is now a habit for me, I have only missed 2 days during the last month and I was sad to say that I missed my workouts. I have increased my distance in jogging and have really started toning up. Working out is also becoming easier when you have a little almost three year old who will remind me everyday to work out. I am glad to set this example for him and he always tries to work out with me so I can't help but think he will be in the habit of being active everyday just by watching me.) 
2. Start my own business 
(I have made some more progress on this and hopefully next month it will be launching!)
3. Illustrate 5 days a week 
4. Read 1 book a month 
(8 books and counting... I have 2 books in progress and will try to get them finished up this week.)
5. Conquer Iced sugar cookies
6. Wear high heels several times a week 
(I am getting ready to break out the fall heels, but the flats were still the most practical for the month of August.)
7. Sew 1 quilt at least full sized 

8. Make more of my own clothes 
(I finished up one more summer blouse for me, a skirt and I have a few more things in the works, like a dress, skirt, and some accessories.) 
9. Eat more fresh food 
 
10. Drink only 1-2 pops a month until zero 11. Have a nightly ritual (like tea, cookie, and sketching)
12. Clean out my studio and simplify 
(I have been busy sewing so it isn't has neat as it should be but I am working on it...)  
13. Build a website 
(not sure when I am going to get this done...) 
14. Plant another garden 
15. Bake more 
16. Scrapbook at least twice a month 
(this one is still just in the back of my mind maybe later this month.)
17. Improve my photography 
(A couple of photo shoots were done and I spent more time editing and improving the photos.) 
18. Keep up my relationships 
(I am trying my best on this, even though I have so many projects going on...I am trying to set aside time for the people in my life who are important to me.) 
19. Organize my "library" 
20. Back up my computer frequently

21. Take time to be present in the moment 
(I really have found the most gratification in slowing down and focusing on a task at hand, especially when spending my time with my son. It makes me feel more positive and just plain happy.) 
22. Have a booth at a craft fair (I am not sure I will actually get this one done or not, I will wait and see when I get a few pattern ready to be sold and see what happens from there.) 
23. Quilt Market (have a booth at) 
(my goal is for May 2011 when it is in Salt Lake, so I guess this one won't technically get crossed off before I turn 27, but trust me I am going to make this happen.)
24. Design my own fabric line 
(I am just planning on keeping my sketchbook full of doodles and inspiration and probably focus on this more in the next year.)
25. Have a girl's night out once a month 

26. Go on a solo weekend adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment