11.04.2010

Yesterday...

I turned 27 (totally excited because I am hoping that 27 will be better than 26!). I had a great day filled with work, lunch with a friend, a little shopping, dinner out, got season 4 & 5 of Murder, She Wrote as a birthday gift, and watched criminal minds before bed. So all in all it was awesome! Anyways, I thought it would a great time to wrap up my 26 things to do before I turn 27 list!

(items in blue are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them) 



1. Practice yoga 3 times a week
2. Start my own business 
(sent for my business license so I will be up and running very soon!)
3. Illustrate 5 days a week 
4. Read 1 book a month
(I only got 9 books read *not bad* but I did read a ton of magazines and am slightly behind on reading them.
5. Conquer Iced sugar cookies
6. Wear high heels several times a week 

7. Sew 1 quilt at least full sized 

8. Make more of my own clothes 
(slowly but surely) 
9. Eat more fresh food 
 
10. Drink only 1-2 pops a month until zero 11. Have a nightly ritual (like tea, cookie, and sketching)
12. Clean out my studio and simplify

13. Build a website 
(hopefully soon!) 
14. Plant another garden 
15. Bake more 
16. Scrapbook at least twice a month 
(Really didn't make any progress for that one- guess I will have to try to catch up on them in the next couple of months.)
17. Improve my photography

19. Organize my "library" 
20. Back up my computer frequently

21. Take time to be present in the moment

22. Have a booth at a craft fair (I am not sure I will actually get this one done or not, I will wait and see when I get a few pattern ready to be sold and see what happens from there.) 
23. Quilt Market (have a booth at) 
(my goal is for May 2011 when it is in Salt Lake, so I guess this one won't technically get crossed off before I turn 27, but trust me I am going to make this happen.)
24. Design my own fabric line 
(I am just planning on keeping my sketchbook full of doodles and inspiration and probably focus on this more in the next year.)
25. Have a girl's night out once a month 

26. Go on a solo weekend adventure 
 
Overall I think I did great on my goals and will try to finish them all up in the next couple of months! I am still debating whether I should try making some new goals for this year. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm turning 27 at the end of this month too... I might need to make a list for next year. Here's to 27.

    ReplyDelete