finally, I am feeling a little bit better and that is a good thing. I have a huge week full of stuff to get finished up. Last weekend I managed to finish up a few projects:
first this wreath (I got it at the dollar store):
the flower frill templates from clover size small & medium), the leaves are from felt with a little piece of wire glued to the back. I still might add a banner to the top corner or maybe a butterfly or a bird, but for now it works. Overall, I loved making the flowers- they were simple and would be a great project to take camping or while watching tv.
I also needed to make a little wedding gift up for my mom to give to someone she works with, here is the front of the pillow:
badskirt's blog and have made a few variations for wedding gifts since then)
this stamp set in a chocolate brown ink)
Also, my mom was busy sewing up a cute baby gift. It was the patchwork sleepsack from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book. I had made one as a sample awhile ago, so I thought it would be a great project for my mom to try out.
We made a few changes- we decided against the patchwork front (mainly as a time-saver plus I had already bought a large scale Heather Bailey print) instead of flannel we used fleece. I highly recommend sticking with flannel but the fleece did work so if your having a newborn in a fairly cold place this could be good. One final change that I made was omitted the Velcro closure and used 4 heavy duty snaps instead. This is the one thing that I think absolutely worked out better than the Velcro. They were easier to install and I think will last better.