9.01.2011

I am not sure where August went...

but welcome September (totally one of my favorite months since fall is just right around the corner). Really it is the busiest part of the year for me not only with holidays, work, but birthdays and so many of my favorite activities. Time management is going to be a huge thing for me in the coming months since I have so many projects in the works.
This month I actually didn't manage to take any self-portraits this month (weird, i know), but somehow I had my picture taken more than usual. This photo above is one of my favorites of me and my best friend kristen. We went to a little harley motorcylce get together with my parents which was super fun!


So, lets check in on my list of 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (5 down and I started a new one--- but this one probably isn't going to be completed)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (once again end of the month business came into play in order to try and do better I found my blog planning notebook so I can pre-plan a few posts a week)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (nothing going on here, but i am planning on sorting through all of my stuff and get it organized)
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (baked a cake!)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (finished a quilt up for my mom!! well almost just need to finish binding two sides)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (i have really been using things from there!)
7. Try something new (I went rafting scary but fun!)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (working on planning out my holiday class schedule which will probably be light)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (a few more things made it off the list)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(getting ready to tackle the fall decorating and am making some new halloween goodies.)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (only managed to have my photo taken by others)
17. Go hiking
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (planning on a fall one as soon as the leaves start turning)
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (blogs and I are on the outs in reading so commenting has been horrible, i need to spend some time trying to catch up on my blog reading)
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (Ahhh, running I really miss you since I sucked and barely went--- but have no fear you will see me again)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out (not sure that this one is going to make the cut)
22. Play a game of tennis (I finally found someone to play with so we just need to set up a time and go for it)
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (nothing happening there)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (I just need to work out a few more paperwork details and do some illustrations for the shop to get up and running.)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair (probably won't happen this year but next year for sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment