8.24.2009

Okay here is a long post....

*lots of photos ahead!

First of all it is Back To School Week here on the blog: a look back at my college days! I thought it would be fun to remember all the good times and hard work. Plus, always loved shopping for school supplies and getting ready for a new school year to begin. It really feels like a clean slate and that there are so many possiblities.

One of my favorite things to do was to do fashion illustrations, I am working on getting back into the habit of sketching on a daily basis. Here are a few of my favorites, I plan on framing some of them to hanging them up one day in our living room.  (as a little side note, for the illustrations please do not use them or copy them with out shooting me a quick email to get my permission- kzjostudio@yahoo.com. I just want to keep track since they are my original artwork. Thanks so much!)

  
  
  
most are done with marker, a few are done in the computer. 
Tomorrow, we will look at a few of my favorite projects that I made while in school....
Okay onto the project front, I was busy working on a bunch of projects for a gift for my cousin who just turned 13. I really tried to keep it upbeat and tons of fun! She really loved them! I still have a couple of things to make and mail to her since I didn't get them quite all finished.

 
(pattern is the buttercup bag from Made by Rae)
I made a little zebra yo-yo (the bag is lined in zebra) and added some bling along with some black piping.
  
(sleeping mask pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches book; fabric is Wonderland by MoMo from Moda)
I thought this was fun and great for road trips.

  
(some scrappy notebooks from The Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts book)
It called for store bought notebooks, but I just cut up some some white paper and colored cardstock. Sewed a straight line down the middle and there you go a note book. I sewed on the fabric and stamped two little things on each one.
  
(colored pencil roll pattern from The Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts book; Amy Butler fabric-the print; the outside is also the print but I forgot to take a picture of it all rolled up. The solid is from JoAnns.) 
I loved this project. It worked out really well and I am planning on making one for all of my sketching pencils.

 
(yo-yo necklace pattern from Sew Stylish) 
This was a really fun project that used up my scraps and it looks really cute on!
  
A tissue case with some fun lime polka dot tissue.
A also made a couple of crayon rolls and some notepads. I totally forgot to take pictures, but I cut legal sized paper in half then made a cover with a solid piece of cardstock, with a hambly screen print on top, bound it with the bind it all, and added some stickers, along with their inital on the front. I thought the were totally cute and made a great gift for a young child or they would make an awesome sketchbook. I think I will put one together and show you tomorrow. Plus I got to pick out some girly fabric for this project.  So fun!
A quick garden update: today's harvest yeilded all of this----

 
lets take a closer look- shall we!!!
  
some baby boos
  
some cucumbers- these are becoming bread & butter pickles tomorrow!
  
  
these tomatoes became a homemade basic marinara sauce that I canned and is oh sooo yummy!
  
a giant box of zucchini!!
so there is a ton of stuff that has been going on talk to you all tomorrow! 
p.s. I thought it would be fun to find out it there is anything that you want to know about what fashion design school is like or any other random questions. I would love to answer them on friday on the last day of back to school week. So post them in the comment section and see if yours gets picked!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment