3.13.2010

Hi, Saturday, How did you get here so fast?

I have no idea where this rest of the week has gone, but it is the weekend so, Yippee for Lifetime movie marathons, breakfast pizzas, bubble baths, trips to Jo-anns, hanging with my little man, and sewing time. I have postponed the solid sketch board until tomorrow, mainly because I was useless yesterday with this impending cold or crazy allergies that are occurring right now. So here is a little bit of what I have been working on around here:
 I made a quick notebook to keep all my sewing notes organized in one place.

I also changed up my inspiration board (I have actually been in process of this for the last few weeks) 
 A look at the whole board

Aqua & red color story

A pink, orange and yellow story follow by an ice blue and spring green story on the right 
Spring color story

I am really inspired by this board and have been coming up with a few projects that might make an appearance on the blog ;)
On Thursday night, the first meeting of the Magic Valley Modern Quilt Guild took place. It was an informational meeting to setup how/what we would like to get/run the guild. It was fun to see all the people who came out and to see what other people are doing with modern quilting. I am now the president of the guild and am very excited and honored to be part of something that is going to be a such a great experience. 

Now to be super geeky, I thought I should have a notebook dedicated just to guild, so I found an sketchbook upstairs in the studio and thought to myself, "this isn't very cute..."
so I made this quilted cover for it.... yepp, really entered the super geek category now :) 

I am also working on a little project for Xavier-
I am at a stand still with this project, mainly because I can't decide if I want to make it a wall hanging or a lap quilt... ahh, the decision making... 

well, I am off to polish off another box of Kleenex and hopefully get the sketch board ready for tomorrow. Have a fun rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment