6.08.2010

Tuesdays in the Garden: A Little Tour

I know I have been behind on the garden posts for the last couple of weeks, mainly because it has been raining a ton and I haven't really been able to get a whole lot done. Last week, I finally got a few more things planted (my dad has been planting like crazy and building all sorts of things for the garden.) 

Alright here we go, this is garden area #1 or the sort of the main garden:

so far this is what has been planted in there (there is still empty space towards the back): carrots, beets, radishes, buttercrunch lettuce, arugula, green salad bowl lettuce, sugar snap peas, lincoln peas, tomatoes, okra, cauliflower, red bell peppers, green onions, parsley, oregano, lemon grass, and basil. 

Here is garden area #2:



this is mostly the potato area along with some larger onions and a few tomato plants.

Garden area #3:


Cucumbers, spaghetti squash, tomatoes, bell peppers, plus we still need to plant honeydew, some more watermelon (I totally forgot to take pictures of the watermelon patch) cantaloupe, acorn squash, butternut squash and some pumpkins. 

Garden area #4:


So this is mainly asparagus, some artichokes, & a few strawberries. We also have some planters filled with flowers and will have a dill patch. Here's the artichokes:

 




 A geranium.



The strawberry patch. We still have a ton of stuff to plant and hopefully it will all grow! I am really excited about this year's garden, I think it might top last year's!



No comments:

Post a Comment