6.07.2010

A finished quilt and some allergies...

I really hope that the weather makes up its mind, my head/nose can not handle anymore of this hot then cold then rain then hot then cold. This allergy season I am having a hard time adjusting because the pollen and mold counts keep changing so dramatically. Some days my head just feels like it might explode. ( I realize this may be on the verge of too much information, but is anyone else having this problem?) 

When I am not busy sneezing, I have been working on several projects here is one of my latest finishes:




Introducing the "Spearmint" quilt, which I made for a window display at The Quilt Barn. (top photo is the front and the bottom photo is the back.) This is actually the first large quilt I have every made and I really enjoyed the process. The quilt top is based off/inspired by the free Woodland Delights pattern by Paula Prass. I made quite a few alterations (like sizing and added more prints) and the back is some random piecing. I am working on writing up a free pattern for this. The prints are all Amy Butler and the solid is a Kona solid (Tarragon) from Robert Kaufman

Other things that are being put together this week- a hexagon tutorial for the magic valley modern quilt guild, I will be showing paper pieced hexagons, appliqued hexagons, and then these fun hexagons from jaybird quilts. Yesterday, I came up with a fun project to but all the different hexagon options on, which I will show you all on Friday. I am also trying to finish up another quick quilt and do a little pattern writing along with finishing up the agenda for our June guild meeting. Our guild is also having our first sewing night on Friday night, which should be super fun and hopefully fairly productive! I have a feeling that this week is going to go by fairly quickly and be filled with a few accomplishments. Now I am off in search of some breakfast, since I keep forgetting to eat in the morning... 

No comments:

Post a Comment