10.16.2011

Sewing Summit-- the rest of the adventure...

***warning--- I think I may have typed as much as I usual talk all the time with this blog post! :)***
Saturday morning started with an amazing breakfast buffet, which is always a great way to start the day! Plus, I got to talk with lots of fun people that I met on Friday!

Alright onto the class recap:
•Improv Piecing: How to Think Outside of the Box taught by Jessica of Urban Patchwork: Here i am with my finished block. I have to say I love how it turned out, I plan on making it a mini quilt to hang in my office!

•Quilting at Home: Free Motion Quilting for the Modern Quilter taught by Allison of Cluck, Cluck Sew: I loved this class! I picked up a some great tips and conquered my fear of pebbles, which I may be addicted to now. I can already see myself attempting more free motion quilting.

•Tailoring by Hand 101 by Burda taught by Gertie of Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing: This class had amazing tips and let's face it, this was the class I was most excited for. Since I studied fashion design, but not a whole lot of tailoring (we only covered a portion in school) this was great and really made me want to break out all my garment fabrics that are stored in my closet.

•Marvelous Minis: Packing Lots of Punch into a Mini Quilt taught by Amanda of mrsmcporkchopquilts: This class was fabulous, and since i love mini quilts it was perfect for me! I also thought Amanda was an excellent speaker and so dang funny! Her class gave me a load of ideas for future projects.

On Sunday:
•Aspiring Authors: A Panel Discussion with Published Authors: This class was really insightful for how the whole publishing process works. It was really interesting!

•Documenting Your Creativity: Blogging and Social Media taught by Dana of Old Red Barn Co.: This class was a mecca of info for me and is really going to help me be a better blogger. I already have some blog changes in the works.

Here I am with some of my favorite bloggers and wonderful people I met (yes, I went the whole crazy starstruck thing and had to get my photo with these wonderful ladies).
clockwise from top: Gertie, Jana from Izzy and Ivy Designs (I met her at spring's quilt market, so it was great seeing her again), Melissa (I was so excited to meet her, she is one of my favorite bloggers!), and Bari J (I won a copy of her book, which was awesome since it has been on my "want" list, plus she was just the nicest lady!)

One of my best pals, Tara, me and Cindy (from Spin the Bobbin):
and I met a lovely lady Kendra (who I totally forgot to get a photo with!) but she is amazing and writes amazing knitting patterns. I met so many neat people that it really made the trip worth it!

I can't wait until next year's Sewing Summit (seriously, this is going to be a yearly tradition!). I loved meeting a bunch of new people, all the fun sewing talk, learning lots of new things and mostly just having a wonderful adventure!

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun meeting you, too :) This was a great recap, and I can't wait to see how your slouchy Hanae hat turns out!

    ReplyDelete