First, I attempted to make beet chips:
before & after
I made these for my mom because we have a ton of beets and thought, hey, why not?
To do this I used my mandoline and cut them very thin (3 beets filled 3 1/2 trays in the dehydrator), put them in a bowl and added the following:
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
(next, time I might add some chili or cayenne pepper)
then dehydrated them all day.
Final verdict: My mom says they taste really beet-y, I think they need some dip.
This morning I did this:
cut some slices of zucchini fresh from the garden
a close up of the slices and then off to the freezer for another use
Now on to the project front, here is a peak of the apron I am making for my mom.
I put these little take-out boxes from Paper Source and stamped them and made them into storage for all of my push pin, nails, thumbtacks, etc.
I also made some more corner bookmarks (seriously, one of my new, easy, quick way to use up scraps). They are on their way to finding new homes today!
And here is a sneak peak of the next tutorial which will hopefully be up by the end of the week.
off to try and get a little more done today... and tomorrow I am going to get my haircut and highlighted (to mask some of the white hairs I am getting, you heard it right, at only 25 I am going white. So now I must mix it up a little) Have a good one!