8.16.2010

A quick back to school tutorial

Since a lot of people are getting ready for back to school. I thought I would share one of my favorite tutorials from last year again: 



The fabric makes them last, time wise they are pretty fast, you can use up fairly small scraps, and they work well in books. As an avid reader, I like to have quite a few on hand so I can keep them in all the different books I am in process of reading (at least 5 different ones at a time, does anyone else do that?) or different references books. Let me know if you end up making any of these bookmarks I would love to see them (you can also add them to the kzjo'studio flickr group for projects made using my tutorials). 

As a little side note, I am going to be making a few changes/updates to the blog this week. So if things look crazy, it is just temporary and in the end I hope it will make the blog easier to navigate and find things like the tutorials, etc. Thanks for understanding. ~kz

2 comments:

  1. Cute and I love using scraps! Guilty also of starting one book or two before I finish another. Is it Adult ADD/ADHD or part of the creative person's brain waves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be kindred spirits as I read multiple books at a time too. Gotta keep things fresh plus I'm always looking for extra bookmarks to keep up with all my books instead of using the the random piece of paper I find that later ends up falling out. I'm definitely going to try this project out. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete