2.28.2011

Wow, February...



 you went by so quickly. To tell you the truth I am excited that Spring will hopefully soon be here, I can't wait to get in the garden, have more daylight, and warmer days! February was a fairly productive month for me and I made the decision to really calm down my schedule so I can focus on my son,  my job, starting my business, and making working out a very big priority (I am down another 8.5 lbs and my goal is another 8-10 for this month, totally doable I think. I just really need to schedule my workouts and stick to them.) One of the things that is really getting an overhaul is my teaching schedule, it is going to be on the fewer side of things for a bit! Maybe during the summer I will be able to amp it up again, but I want to have a little bit more time for everything else in my life, so something had to give.

Anyways, I thought I would take a look at my 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (still working on this one, but am close to having 3 finished up!!!.)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (only made a little over half of my goal this month, March is going to have to be a lot better)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (I did manage to get an album together for the goals, but other than that it just keeps piling up)
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (I made some soups and pizza)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (i have one quilt top in progress and have finally picked a quilt out for my bed)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (most things have been coming from my stash, but interfacing and muslin have been being used up like crazy)
7. Try something new (I really enjoy zumba and next month it will be time to try spinning)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (this is probably really going to start up in the summer, i need to focus on getting more of my patterns ready)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (crossed off a couple of more things)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure (trust me it was exciting!)
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating (ready to start blogging about this...finally)
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(have an idea for a st. patrick's day mini quilt, an easter wreath, and a spring wreath)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (thought it would be an in action shot)
17. Go hiking
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (need to take more a few more of us together)
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (i barely made it through my google reader this month in any sort of timely manner, and i did end up editing down the number of blogs I read in order to make it a little more managable )
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (getting back on the running track this week)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out
22. Play a game of tennis
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (again I went twice this month and scored some great patterns and books)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (major goal for 2011!!!)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment