3.01.2011

Another bag

I am still working my way through Amy Butler's newest book, Style Stitches. Here is my Cosmo bag (aka project 1 from the book) and my third finish from the book:



This bag is super large with lots of awesome pockets (4 on the inside and 2 on the outside) Overall, it was a fairly easy pattern, but there were a few tricky parts. The instructions were fairly clear, I did however, change up the order of doing things quite a lot. I love the pleat and handle details and only really felt a little frustrated when finishing up the inside handles at the end of the project. I plan on using it for overnight trips and maybe when i have a need to take a bunch of stuff somewhere (like teaching, picnics, etc).

Here is a peak of the inside:

In the end, I don't think it would make a great everyday bag and I probably won't be making another one for me anytime soon since I think one is plenty. The experience was well worth it and I picked up a few interesting construction techniques.

2 comments:

  1. The first picture doesnt show how big it is. Great purse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this handmade lovely bag! I still have the eye one you made, haha!
    -xo

    ReplyDelete