3.31.2011

Let's see how March turned out...

 I think March could be called the month that I took on tooo much. I really felt the crunch and it made me realize I need to re-evaluate my priorities. So April, will be about that and getting back on track with a few things (especially my sewing- hehe). As March comes to an end, I have been tackling some spring cleaning and doing a lot of reorganization around my house (trying to declutter and free up space!) Plus, I am making a few plans for re-decorating my son's room and changing my room up a little bit! 


Here is my self-portrait for the month- somewhat on the lame side but it is a good before I get my hair colored photo!




Anyways, I thought I would take a look at my 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (read 1 and just a few chapters shy of finishing a second)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (i think i only missed blogging three times this week)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (i managed to get my desk cleared off and got a mini book together for this goal projects )
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (I baked some peanut and jelly bars, they turned out pretty)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (i have two quilt tops in progress, one is queen size and finished the backing for the queen sized one)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (i did make a small dent in my stash and am using lots of scraps for my blocks for in the magic valley modern quilt guild's mystery block of the month)
7. Try something new (this month i went walking on a new trail, it was great to be working out outdoors)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (i had one planned but it got canceled)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (only got 2 things off the list)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating (just need to get a photo for the next installment of the versatile wardrobe series)
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(i still need to decorate for easter!!!)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (see above photo)
17. Go hiking
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (managed to take a couple of photos)
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (i am so far behind on reading blogs it is not even funny)
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (began a new training program to do this)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out
22. Play a game of tennis
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (i was to busy to do any thifting this month)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (major goal for 2011!!!)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment