5.29.2011

It's that time again... Monthly Recap!!!



May was awesome to put it mildly. So many fun things took place and I actually got a few things finished (always a plus). Not only that, my online shop will probably be open in the next couple of weeks (I can't wait!!!) I finally feel like my life actually might be getting back on track. The past few years have provided plenty of twists, turns and stumbles that I wasn't sure if things would ever start getting better. Now, however, I feel much stronger, happier, and healthier plus I feel like I am headed in the right direction with so many choices. My solo parenting skills I think are improving (its definitely tough and frustrating at times but most of the time it is so wonderful and an awesome adventure) and I love watching my son grow into the greatest little man I know. He pushes me to grow and challenges me in ways I never thought possible. I really find that I am coming into my own, experiencing new things, meeting new people, and just having a ton of fun doing that!

So lets check in on my list of 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (4 down working on the next one... I am still a little behind on this one so I might start taking a book with me to work and catch up on my lunch break.)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (getting better!)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (i made a little book to record my goals, but I think I am going to wait to put it all together on the last month.)
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (actually trying out 4 new recipes tomorrow, most from cooking light.)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (almost have my innocent crush queen-sized quilt finished up and am working on my single girl quilt.)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (used up a charm pack and a few fat quarters this month)
7. Try something new (this month was full of them, went dancing, went on a solo adventure, ran in a 5k, and a ton more)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (still working on this one)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (got three things of it!)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating (going to be on a huge making clothes binge in june)
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(planning out a few things to make for 4th of july but otherwise have just been adding some regular decor items)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (those sunglasses are my new favorites!)
17. Go hiking (the weather has been pretty crappy so hopefully this month will be the one.)
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (we took a few more this month)
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (made a little progress)
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (ran a 5k! Plus shaved 10 mins off my practice time)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out
22. Play a game of tennis
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (really didn't do this a whole lot, but i found a couple more shirts for x)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (in progress I just need to customize it and get a little paperwork done)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns (I was lucky enough to attend and it was a blast!)
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment