6.30.2011

Goodbye June, Hello July...



okay, June went by way to quickly and I feel like I hardly got anything accomplished, but I think that July is going to be way better and probably just as busy. Overall, I think I am making progress on more of my "live" better goals but otherwise I have been slacking.

So, lets check in on my list of 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (4 down working on the next one... I am still working on this one and hopefully will get it finished up in the next week.)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (this month I was actually blogging a bit more thanks to the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (let's face it, this is probably one of my lowest priorities right now.)
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (i made just a couple little things)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (finishing up the binding on the one quilt and getting ready to cut out another)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (I am using nothing but scraps for a few gifts and for my FWQAL blocks)
7. Try something new (I am trying a bunch of new things, like getting over my shyness)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (i am going teach more classes starting next month)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (got a couple things off the list)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating (am going to be tackling this goal this weekend)
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(slacked off here)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (I really like this photo for some random reason)
17. Go hiking (now it is super hot but I have been running)
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (we got a couple)
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (made a little progress)
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (getting out there and am planning on doing yoga at least once a week for an hour)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out (I need to get a swimsuit)
22. Play a game of tennis (so far only on the wii)
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (went to a yard sale and that is about it)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (in progress I just need to customize it and get a little paperwork done)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns (I was lucky enough to attend and it was a blast!)
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment