12.11.2011

Modern quilt guild holiday party...


Was last night! It was a great time with a bunch of wonderful ladies. We had a short meeting, but the best part was swapping with our secret santa's! For my secret Santa I chose to make a mini quilt:


I used my Cape Ann mini charm pack that I got in my swag bag from sewing summit! Then I decided that wasn't enough so I made a needle book:






The needle book is made out of some scrap fabric, some felt, and lace from my stash. For me this seemed like a very useful gift for a seamstress :) Another project that I had been wanting to make for awhile was the felt garland made out of circles that I have seen all over blog-land. So, I gave in and made one to decorate the package:



White box + multi colored felt circles = pretty awesome!

I was super excited that my secret Santa turned out to be the lovely Mary H. My gift turned out to be this awesome quilt:



Sorry, it's sideways! Anyways, I am going to be hanging this in our household office, right across from my desk! She also made super cute zippered pouches for the guild members, I choose this one:



I am so thankful to part of such an amazing community of women that I can count as great friends. I really love our guild!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment