4.30.2011

Its Monthly Recap time...


April was another interesting month, I was not at my best with time/project management. Oh well, I guess I am going to have to work on that in May. One of the things that I am really working on is saying no and turning down commitments that are not super important to me or things that I have "outgrown" so to speak. I am in a phase of trying to edit out things in order to make room for new things and adventures. Since this is my year of starting over, I am really starting to feel like I am coming into my own. 

Alright, time to check in on my list of 27 things to do before I turn 28 list...
(items in orange are the status of each goal, so I can see my progress and figure out what I need to work on more. I want to make sure that I keep up with them and here are the rules/guides I created for myself:

1. try and accomplish all the goals in one years time
2. complete a monthly recap on the blog at the end of each month
3. document goal progress with a photo or a photo for completion (*this one is new)
4. add a page to a scrapbook about the goal (* I think I will make a little mini-book to document the process of completing my goals and this will also help with goal #3.)

The goals:
1. Read 1 book a month (3 down and a new one started)
2. Blog 3 times a week (along with introducing new features) (slowly making progress on this one)
3. Scrapbook twice a month (i made a little notebook and picked up some stickers for dollar )
4. Bake once a month a new recipe (either bread, cookies or some other yummy thing) (tried some vegan peanut butter cups, they weren't quite vegan because i couldn't find vegan chocolate chips. I have since found some and will be trying out this recipe again. I actually loved how they turned out.)
5. Make 2 full size quilts  (actually finished one quilt this month, still working on one more)
6. Use up my fabric stash even the little pieces I have been saving (started using up some of my stash for random projects, like the single girl quilt.)
7. Try something new (practiced riding my scooter, finally made it over 30 mph and am studying up for my motorcycle endorsement)
8. Go bowling
9. Teach more sewing classes using my own patterns (still working on this one)
10. Go to the driving range and practice my golf swing
11. Tackle my sewing work-in-progress list (got another two things off the list)
12. Take Xavier on an adventure
13. Go through my closet and do some much needed purging and updating (managed to do a little updating for the summer season, that is if the weather ever gets warmer, but more on that later.)
14. Participate in one online swap like a pincushion, pillow, or urban home goods
15. Go all out with the decorating and activities around the holidays (like christmas, easter, etc.)(getting ready to amp up some spring decorating but I did decorate for easter)
16. Take a new self-portrait once a month (i managed to take several different photos that included me this month! see photo above)
17. Go hiking (I actually had this planned for last Thursday, but the weather didn't hold up and was cold and windy. So this one is going to have to be rescheduled.)
18. Take a new family photo of X and me (got a really fun one at the easter egg hunt that we went to. )
19. Comment more on all of the blogs I read (made a few more comments than last month and have been keeping up on blogs a little better.)
20. Increase the distance in my morning/afternoon runs (this has been hard fitting it in but it is one of my major priorities for May)
21. Going swimming when it is really warm out
22. Play a game of tennis
23. Go to thrift stores and yard sales more (found x a few batman shirts this month and that is about it)
24. Make some kits to sell in my online shop
25. Open my own shop on line selling my patterns (major goal for 2011!!!)
26. Attend Spring Market in Salt Lake City with a booth selling my patterns (I won't have a booth there, but I am going to quilt market so that will count especially as research!)
27. Have a booth at a local craft fair

No comments:

Post a Comment